What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone in Reno, NV?

hammondam

I am just beginning my RV-10 empennage and was wondering if there is anyone in the area currently building an RV of any kind? I would like to drop on by and see your build, ask some questions and maybe help on your building tasks. If not, we need to have some builders post more youtube videos on how to deburr, dimple, countersink, match drill, cleco and rivet. Videos are the BEST to learn from. Thanks.

I am just beginning my RV-10 empennage and was wondering if there is anyone in the area currently building an RV of any kind? I would like to drop on by and see your build, ask some questions and maybe help on your building tasks. If not, we need to have some builders post more youtube videos on how to deburr, dimple, countersink, match drill, cleco and rivet. Videos are the BEST to learn from. Thanks.

Yup, moving my project out to Stead this weekend. There are a ton of RV's up there.

Andrew,

A bunch of us are continuing to build, even though we are already flying! As Sig said, there are about a dozen RVs at Stead (RTS). Pop me a PM with your email if you want to come visit the field and talk RV. Yours would be the first 10 that I am aware of. Otherwise, we have most every other flavor.

cheers,
greg

Hey Andrew,

I'm another one of the Reno RV'ers, and like Greg said we may have flying airplanes, but I don't know that your ever done building, and we have all been there done that. You will also love that airplane as I know it is a lot like the rest of them.

I'm sure we will be meeting soon.

Oh man..

There are a bunch of you! Love it. Please blast me an email at hamm (underscore) dog (at) hotmail (dawt) com when you guys meet up. I would LOVE to come out, see your planes and pick your brains!

Sincerely,

Last edited:
Yep, me too. I live in hangar MA7 on the far West end. Check the posts for yesterday and you will see one about R3 BBQ on Saturday during the race week. It is my hangar that the arrow is pointing to. Please come by and chat, but you should know you have to drink beer and tell lies to be accepted. Dan

Dang!

Thanks for the invite! I don't really have any good lies and my drinking skills were never that great. BUT, I know how to have a good time! I'll try to come on out that Saturday.

I hope your knowledge and building skills are as high as your friendliness! :)

I might be there

I'm thinking of coming for the races....would it be OK to talk about 41 years of ag work and stories...tall ones?:D

Best,

Pierre: If you come without your RV AND you want to talk ag flying, you have to buy the beer. Dan.

Don't worry, Pierre, if it's for Dan, you only have to by generic beer. Or soda cans on which you write "beer" in big black magic marker would probably do as well.:cool:

My, how some of these conversations devolve....

Well I'm late to this thread, and behind all the usual suspects! ;) However...

I don't really have any good lies and my drinking skills were never that great.

I'll bring the cards and the chips...I wanna play poker with you! :D

BUT, I know how to have a good time! I'll try to come on out that Saturday.

You'll fit right in! :)

I hope your knowledge and building skills are as high as your friendliness! :)

They are...well the others' are at least, I'm the knucklehead of the group...lot's of good mentors though, and some good projects in work to learn on. How's your wet-sanding newly painted tail skills? If they need practice, have I got a deal for ya! ;) A few weeks ago you could have deburred to your heart's content!

C'mon out before the R3 BBQ and hang out! Looking forward to seeing your progress on the 10!

And Pierre, looking forward to seeing you too. Can't wait to hear you look at the racers and say, "heh, that aint low!" :p

Louise, are you and Paul coming this year?!? (edit: just saw Paul's post in the R3 BBQ thread...yippee!)

Welcome aboard Andrew!!

Last edited:
Gladly

Pierre: If you come without your RV AND you want to talk ag flying, you have to buy the beer. Dan.

I'll be glad to buy the beer because a break from that big mutha Air Tractor that keeps my shoulder sore will be a great break! Been covering over 1,000 acres a day and that means literally, hundreds of turnarounds!!

With 10' X 20" ailerons on a 50' wing, it takes muscle and I'm just an average sized guy:(

Maybe see ya,

They are...well the others' are at least, I'm the knucklehead of the group...

You haven't seen mine yet. I'm a little nervous to finally get mine to the hangar and have everyone start poking holes in it. (Scott may stroke out).

Back