What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Filler compatibility with plexi? (Something locally available)

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Any recommendations on a locally-available filler that I can use to fill very minor irregularities in the fairing to windscreen joint? It won't take much, b/c my epoxy/microballoon combo has taken care of most of it. I have a can of Rage Gold, but since that is (I believe) polyester based, I probably should not use it on the plexi edge of the fairing. Anything at local auto part stores that should work here?
Thanks.

Any recommendations on a locally-available filler that I can use to fill very minor irregularities in the fairing to windscreen joint? It won't take much, b/c my epoxy/microballoon combo has taken care of most of it. I have a can of Rage Gold, but since that is (I believe) polyester based, I probably should not use it on the plexi edge of the fairing. Anything at local auto part stores that should work here?
Thanks.

Steve,

I used rage gold on my canopy fairing filling minor imperfections for final finishing on the last plane. No issues on this end. I wouldn't let it touch the plexi though.

Jeff

Back