What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Pre-Inspection in Los Angeles, CA Area!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega232Devils

Well Known Member
I was hoping someone can point me in the direction of a good person to conduct a Pre-Purchase inspection in the Los Angeles, CA area. (Whiteman Airport / KWHP & Santa Monica Municipal / KSMO).

Thanks in advance!

Dan Thompson
[email protected]

Whiteman

Call Dave Bowerman. 818-259-8939.
He is an A&P/IA and DAR, and knows RVs. He lives very close to Whiteman. In fact, I'm flying into Whiteman tomorrow morning to see him. Tell him Craig from SkyView sent you.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks to all the RVators out there and tremendous help in my purchase. I have talked to Ed Holyoke & Mike Phillips and they are going to handle my inspection.

Again, much appreciated!

Dan

Pre-Buy Inspections

Yes I have and can do a Pre-Buy Inspection but I have too many irons in too many fires. I have a full time job. After the time that my employer requires, there is not much time for anything else. DAR work has been assigned the highest priority after my full time job. When time permits, I try to help others out with EAA TC stuff when not flying formation, maintaining what I have, and keeping my pilot proficiency up.

Because of full time employment and not enough idle time, I am the highest cost for A&P work Pre-Buy Inspections in SoCAL. I do recommend that you use another person for Pre-Buy Inspection. To get me to do a Pre-Buy Inspection would need 6 to 12 weeks advance notice. There are too many other qualified individuals that can do the work on the short notice needed on Pre-Buy Inspections.

I am posting this because there have been too many people that I have to keep telling the same story to over the past few months.

After I retire, I should have free idle time with out other priorities that can allow PAID Pre-Buy Inspections to have a much higher priority that I will be able to respond in a timely manor.

At the present time, DAR work has the highest priority after my full time job. I feel that I have so little time to do fun things, I am starting to think that I may NOT renew the DAR when it expires in 2012. At the present time, I will more than likely renew it but I already am thinking that maybe I should not. It no longer is as fun as it once was. Most people that I work with want everything as safe as it can be and I love working with people like that. Lately, I have had people contact me that want things done as CHEAP as they can. Several people have wanted to NOT have an ELT in a multi-seat airplane. Yes the ELT requirement for multi-seat aircraft can have the ELT removed for flight testing. As a DAR with my name on the Special Airworthiness Certificate, I am not willing to issue a Special Airworthiness Certificate with UNLIMITED duration to a multi-seat aircraft that does not have an ELT installed. I would only issue a Special Airworthiness Certificate for Phase I testing. The applicant would then need to pay full price for another inspection after Phase I to get a Special Airworthiness Certificate for Phase II and would need the ELT at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back