What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Major Milestone-First Engine Run!

rodrv6

Well Known Member
Well, I had one of those "Perfect Days" today. I finished the wiring and plumbing between my fuel pumps and the engine, and couldn't find an excuse not to test them. I ran some temporary hoses into a fuel can (the plane is in my basement and the wings are not on), turned on the switches, and the engine fired right up and ran beautifully!! The engine is an Eggenfellner H6 that I took delivery of in February. As soon as UPS finds my misplaced prop hub :( , I'll install the prop and do some further running outdoors. Sure was sweet to hear it run :D

Well, maybe some good news on the prop hub. It seems that it was misrouted on its trip from Jacksonville Florida to Atlanta Georgia and ended up in Los Angeles! It's scheduled to be delivered to me on the 10th, so maybe it'll show up this time..........

Congrats Rod!! That is great news, and definite milestone!! :cool:

Last edited:
Update: UPS found my prop hub and sent it to me!
On Wednesday, the 17th, I took the fuselage outside, anchored the tail firmly to the house, installed the prop (ground adjustable Warp Drive), and turned on the wind machine. It was really neat feeling the wind blow through my hair and listen to real airplane noises (instead of sitting in the cockpit making VrooomVrooom sounds). Now, back to wiring :D

First engine start

It is cool to be able to start the engine without the prop. Chalk one up for the auto conversions! Oops - wrong forum. :)

Back