What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT EIS 6000 Data Logging

mhcflyer

Well Known Member
I am trying to figure out a way to capture the data stream from my EIS 6000 to a log file. My ultimate goal is to use my Android phone to capture the data with the GetBlue data acquisition App, and once home convert the data to a viewable format. I've got the data link working with EISLOG.EXE and Waiters Data Recorder so I know the data stream is fine. Now I'm trying to use either Hyperterminal or Putty to save the data to a log file and then convert this to useful data. This is where I am having difficulty. I've tried the two programs mentioned and also GRTDecode to convert the data log file without success. Not sure if it's the log file or decode software. Anyone have any ideas? Should this work?

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:
The only way I have found to do it is to use the "Waiters Flight Data Recorder" with Windows PC. I also put together a SD card recorder but the unit puts out RS-232 and the SD car recorder looks for TTL level. I have a converter that I need to wire in and try it, but even then the data needs to go through a converter before it is readable in a spreadsheet.

It's one of the frustrating things about the EIS system. Recording and analyzing data is important and the EIS (and GRT) does not make it very easy.

Here's a link to the data recorder.

http://www.iflyez.com/EFISRecorder.shtml

Back