What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FFI - Team RV Formation Training

JCN247DE

Well Known Member
For those who are considering formation training in your RV... Do it!

I attended the FFI (Stu McCurdy - Falcon) & Team RV (Mike Stewart - Kahuna) formation training clinic held at Parkersburg, WV this past weekend. It was hosted by the Ohio Valley RVators. A great experience with great people.

If you have an opportunity to train with Falcon and Kahuna do it! The training is well structured, delineated to skill level, SAFE, and professional.

I only have 87 hours on my -7A since 10/30/05. However, I can tell you that I learned more about my aircraft and my piloting abilities (or lack thereof) in the last three days than in the past 5 months combined.

You will be challenged, you will make mistakes (like putting the WRONG freq. in your stand-by after you copied the correct one in the pre flight brief - geeez sorry Falcon.), you will be humbled, but you will learn to command your ship in a precise manner, and your confidence level will soar as a pilot.

In short, when I flew home after the clinic my ship felt like it was an extension of me and not merely an aircraft that I fly.

Now begins the practice, practice, practice..... do it! you will be grateful for the experience.

Jeff -7A Tiffin, OH (16G)

Back