What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New TruTrak?

TX7A

Well Known Member
A couple of questions...

1. If you have purchased a new TruTrak A/P (Digiflight II VSGV), say within the last year, did your unit come with the new blue display or the original display?

2. Is it possible tell the difference between the two different displays if the units are not on?

I have a "brand new" VSGV, and without the unit being on, it has the greenish-gold tint in the display area as the original units have. I'm just wondering exactly what I have. :confused:

Thanks for replies.

I had my screen swapped out and the change was obvious with the unit turned off.

I'd call them and find out what your serial number was built with. I just had my green screen replaced free of charge after being "way" out of warranty. They turned it around in a day... Great company, I'm sure one quick phone call would clear it all up.

Sam, send me your serial number so I can track down your AP. Every new Digiflight II since late '09 should have the "blue" display. And you can definitely tell with them powered down. Comparison pic below, new "blue" display on the top.

1zg3rb6.jpg

Last edited:
We've got the green screen DigiFlight II in the RV-8 (purchased sometime between 2007 and 2009), and quite frankly, I prefer the green display and I hope it never fails :D

My day job is a network admin , and waaaaaay too much of my equipment has blue LEDs and blue digital readouts that, while considered fashionable once upon a time, I now find blue LEDs quite annoying to look at.

Back