What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Team RV Pensacola Air Show Video

ronschreck

Well Known Member
Team RV opened for the Blue Angels at the Pensacola Beach Air Show on Saturday. Check out the video and note the Team RV 2011 schedule at the end of the video for a performance near you.

Beautiful routines

Ron,
Thanks for posting the video. I had planned for weeks to attend, but old man screwed up and went over to Pensacola NAS Friday instead of the beach. By the time I figured it out (asked), it was past noon, and I saw y'all forming up on the drive to the beach. I think every body from a 100 miles must have wanted to see Team RV since all the parking was taken when I got there. Ended up across the bay about 3 miles away and only saw the Blues perform. The video and the flight chorography are professional, and Team RV makes us proud to be RV pilots. Job well done, and super thanks,
Bill
RV-4 Slider
Alabama

Great job!

Great job guys! Really gets my juices flowing!

Hasn't the EAA approaced you to perform at OSH? Have you turned them down?

Seems like you guys really need to do this there, where it will be appreciated 1000 fold. :D

Hasn't the EAA approaced you to perform at OSH? Have you turned them down?

Seems like you guys really need to do this there, where it will be appreciated 1000 fold. :D

No Im afraid we have not been able to get their attention. Its a work in progress. EAA still eludes us but we have not given up hope of performing there one day in the future. It would be an honor to show off these remarkable machines in front of the thousands of other builders running around Osh.

attention

Why do you suppose that the EAA wouldn't be interested in having Team RV perform at Oshkosh? The RV line of airplanes is the best line going in the homebuilt world and it almost seems un-Amercian not to wholeheartedly invite Team RV to perform. I really don't understand, but there may be a good explanation.

Why do you suppose that the EAA wouldn't be interested in having Team RV perform at Oshkosh? The RV line of airplanes is the best line going in the homebuilt world and it almost seems un-Amercian not to wholeheartedly invite Team RV to perform. I really don't understand, but there may be a good explanation.

My guess is they just prefer have 6 (almost identical) unlimited aerobatic demonstrations in one airshow, cause you know that never gets old. :rolleyes:

My guess is they just prefer have 6 (almost identical) unlimited aerobatic demonstrations in one airshow, cause you know that never gets old. :rolleyes:

I hear ya, and I would also love to see a solo aerobatic act (anywhere) involving an RV with full inverted systems doing a nice graceful, but precision act that goes beyond the usual positive G "gentleman's" or "warbird" type of acro. Things you rarely or never see others do in an RV, but which the airplane is perfectly capable of doing - vertical rolls with points, perfect level rolls/point rolls, rolling turns, avalanches or other low speed snaps, inverted spins, outside loops, etc...with smoke, low and right in front of the audience. Something Art Scholl-esque comes to mind. Not many things that haven't been done yet on the airshow circuit, but this seems to be one of them, and something lots of folks could relate to, given the number of RVs out there.

Last edited:
Excellent video, Ron and guys. Truly amazing what Team RV can do. It seems perfectly natural that you would open for the Blues. Beautiful routines and excellent execution. Bravo!

I, too, would think it only natural for Team RV to perform at Oshkosh. Wouldn't surprise me any if EAA simply doesn't want to pay the expenses. After all ... you're not warbirds. :D

Again, well done.

Thanks

For all the nice comments.

Our last three shows have been remotes (beach shows away from airports) so we really don't get much feedback. It's nice to know that folks in the Vans community are noticing and enjoying our shows.

We have a little break now until our next show in New Milford, NJ, the last weekend in August, but once we get back in the swing we'll be flying 6 shows in September and October so if we are flying near you come out and watch and give us a shout. We'd love the opportunity to visit with you.

LOL!!!!
Thats all I can come up with also! ;-)

BTW, thats when I hit the vendors tents... <BG>

Dennis

For those of you Team TV folks I know AWESOME!!

For those of you I don't know AWESOME!!

I will see you inperson one of these days

Back