What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Instrument Reliability

penguin

Well Known Member
Patron
Guys,

Please take this survey regarding the reliability of uncertified flight instruments.

Some of you may be aware that in the UK homebuilts are restricted to Day VMC operation only. A discussion has started with the regulator (the UK CAA) about extending the clearance for suitable airplanes to Night and IFR operations. One area where there is little data, and significant CAA interest, is the reliability of uncertified flight instruments.

It is proving difficult to obtain any data on this subject. I would like to ask VAF members to help by providing some information based on your own experiences. The UK homebuilders' association - The Light Aircraft Association - has initiated a simple web based survey to collect data. I would be very grateful if you could spare the few minutes it will take to complete. Thanks very much for your support.

Any UK pilots reading this are invited to use this version of the survey.

Best Regards,
Pete

Yep.

There wasn't a place to remark, but the vertical card compass was the one that failed.....gradually.

Best,

"It is proving difficult to obtain any data on this subject..."

Pete, I'm betting that the principle manufacturers of today's instruments have boodles of data: warranty claims, product returns, and so forth. Have you zeroed in on a few of the major suppliers like Dynon?

Good luck on your efforts; like here, I know some of your regulatory boffins there don't readily invite change.

Jack

Back