What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Needed with RV-4 Inspection

campi

Well Known Member
I am looking to purchase an RV-4 in MA, located at Norwood (OWD). Is there anyone available that can take a look with me or suggest an A&P to do a pre-buy?

Thanks,

Better yet, try to find an A&P who is also a DAR. I'm sure a google should turn up something. If not that way, look for an EAA chapter in that area, and somebody will be able to put you in touch. They will be a more familiar with EXP including Van?s and know what to look for. I'm sure you know the differences between older kits of 4's and newer ones, and some of the things they will be looking for regardless of the age of the kit. If not, I'll be happy to share what I've learned thus far, although others will be much more knowledgeable in this area than me.

I could help...later in July

Hi Fernando,

I built a -4 that I keep in Worcester (not far from Norwood). I would be happy to help you, but will be out of town for the week of July 4th (including the weekends on either end of this week). If you end up postponing your inspection, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Dean Pichon
Bolton, MA

Call the EAA

While looking for a DAR to do my final inspection, I called the EAA and they gave me a list of nearby DARs (with their phone numbers). Easier than I would have thought.

Rick

Inspection

Thanks to everyone that responded. I have now found an AP and DAR at Plymouth, but he was not available on Saturday when I initially looked at the airplane. However, I'm going back this coming weekend or next to finalize the deal and will have it inspected then.

Dean, if you are available then, I would love for you to take a look.

Back