What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Building an AP wire harness

humptybump

Well Known Member
I just finished the first part of thecwire harness for a Trutrack DFF-250 (harness is the same as for the Sorcerer). Itvactually was not too bad. The trick seems to be having everything handy and having several extra "holders". I whipped up a handy "third-hand" specifically suited to working on D-shell connectors. I also found The iPad has been invaluable as a reference tool. I had both the GPS documentation as well as the installation and wire diagrams from Trurak on it. I pulled the RAM mount out of the plane and "mounted" the iPad to my workbench.

Even though my current panel does not have a NAV radio, glideslope, CDI, audio panel, HSI, or VNav capable GPS I decided I was better off building the entire harness and clustering the unused connections for future use.

photo6-320x240.jpg

Short write-up and much bigger picture here.

A quick "thanks" to Paul and Louise for convincing me "these things aren't that hard". To be honest, it was kind of fun!

Glad you found it fun Glen! You're right - organization and having the information at hand is the key. wiring is easy - every wire has two ends - make sure they go to the right place. Repeat. ;)

Paul

Back