What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT EIS Help

johnfurey

Well Known Member
For those of you with the a GRT.. Both my oil pressure and fuel pressure readings with the engine OFF vary greatly. They may show 1 one time and 6 the next time. This also translates into a higher or lower inflight reading. I have replaced both sending units with no change. I now have another EIS test unit but it does the same thing. If this is the nature of the beast so be it. If not I would like to correct it. Thanks.

I agree. They are very helpfull. I had a hardware failure on my new Sport and they turned it around in 1 day. Sandy said my issue is not normal and sent me the new sending units and the test EIS but no change. She suggested changing the wires next??? I plan to try running a ground from the senders.

I agree. They are very helpfull. I had a hardware failure on my new Sport and they turned it around in 1 day. Sandy said my issue is not normal and sent me the new sending units and the test EIS but no change. She suggested changing the wires next??? I plan to try running a ground from the senders.

A common symptom to varying probes, etc, is that the ground isn't solid. Vibrations may cause intermittent issues with a broken wire, bad crimp, etc. I'm sure that you have already thought of this. Good luck in finding the issue.

bob

Thanks guys. I think we are all on the right path. I woke up last night realizing that my oil/fuel pressure manifold is powder coated :eek: Looks pretty but not good for the ground I'm sure. I will report my results. Thanks again.

I grounded the sending units with a lead and the readings jumped to 0. :D So I buffed off the powder coating on the manifold and all is well. Thanks you everyone for your help.

Back