What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hull insurance

Waynem

I'm trying to get hull in motion insurance for my RV 10 for the first 25 hours.
C-Plan gave me a good quote but cannot (will not) provide hull insurance for the first 25 hours.
Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks

Wayne Millson

RV 10
Coming to final inspection

I'm trying to get hull in motion insurance for my RV 10 for the first 25 hours.
C-Plan gave me a good quote but cannot (will not) provide hull insurance for the first 25 hours.
Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks

Wayne Millson

RV 10
Coming to final inspection

Does Chartis underwrite in Canada? They provided coverage starting at first flight.

Hull Insurance

Try COPA (March Insurance )..

As long as you are a COPA memeber, you should be able to get Hull insurance..

Good Luck

Bruno

Thanks for the quick responses! I got a little panicked when EAA's plan wouldn't cover me. I thought it would be easiest with them.:confused:

I talked to another broker this afternoon and they deal with Global and Chartis. So I have another form to fill out, There is no joy in shopping insurance!

Wayne Millson

try Park or Air 1 also

I have insured with Dave fitzpatrick at park aviation, now Air 1 I think.
they may have what you need, as they use Global etc.
they seem to be a bit more attentive lately as they've also lost a few clients to C-PLAN.

Thanks for the quick responses! I got a little panicked when EAA's plan wouldn't cover me. I thought it would be easiest with them.:confused:

I talked to another broker this afternoon and they deal with Global and Chartis. So I have another form to fill out, There is no joy in shopping insurance!

Wayne Millson

Whoa! Stop. You've "hired" a broker. Don't hamstring them by putting a bunch of other brokers on the same trail. None of them will have adaquate market access. If you like the broker you already talked to, sit back and let them do their job.

Back