What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB bendix harness plate

NDrv8r

Well Known Member
I finally got the aircraft to the airport ahead of the floods at Bismarck, although we are thankfully behind a functioning dike and still dry here at home.

I installed a PMAG on the right side of the IO360-A1B6 manufactured in 1979, and elected to retain the existing Bendix S4LN-1227 mag with impulse coupling on the left. I ran all of the pmag leads to the top. Normally on mags, 2 wires go on top, and 2 on the bottom. The existing leads were too short for all of the leads to go on the bottom. So I thought I would just rob the long leads off of the mag I just removed. Well the shields were completely broken and the leads generally looked ratty.

Aircraft Spruce has custom length leads available so I ordered a set, of course giving them the mag part number etc.

The Leads arrived and dag nab it, the nuts on leads that go into the mag back plate are too big. I called ACS who manufactures these things and they said that was all they had drawings for. So it seems that somewhere out there there must be a back plate that accepts a 11/32 x 24 nut. The existing ones appear to be 5/8 x 24.

the picture displays the back plate with the old 5/8 nut and the new 11/32 nut. Does any one out there have a back plate that would fit the 11/32 nut?

please pm me or direct email [email protected]

thanks in advance.

BTW, I just had my static system / altimeter / encoder tests done. The Skyview altimeter tested with a RVSM tester was absolutely on the money all the way up to 20,000 feet. If I had not witnessed it, I would have accused the tech of pencil whipping it. Way to go Dynon!

Hello Larry,
I might have your 4cyl. 1200 series mag harness cap, I'll look this afternoon through my miscellaneous cap box. and email you back before 6pm MTN time.
Thomas

Back