What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hicks Field T67

For business I need to visit Fort Worth for an afternoon and was looking for a good place to fly my 7A into. Hicks looked like the perfect place except I couldn't find any information about ground transportation like courtesy cars, cabs or rental. I tried calling the Rio Concho FBO and nobody picked up. Any information would be appreciated. I like small airports without tie down fees.

KFWS KGKY

Nothing wrong with Hicks, but you might want to consider Spinks (KFWS) or Arlington (KGKY), as traffic is a little better on the South side, especially at rush hour, depending on your destination.

Hicks Info

For business I need to visit Fort Worth for an afternoon and was looking for a good place to fly my 7A into. Hicks looked like the perfect place except I couldn't find any information about ground transportation like courtesy cars, cabs or rental. I tried calling the Rio Concho FBO and nobody picked up. Any information would be appreciated. I like small airports without tie down fees.

CH, the FBO/restaurant at Hicks has been closed since August of last year. 24 hour pay at the pump fuel is still available. There are only a couple tie-downs that have anchors and ropes on the north side of the restaurant. The other tie-downs are in the grass at the north end adjacent to the run-up area. Not sure if any ropes are available. When the restaurant was open there was a small nightly fee for overnights but not sure if that applies since no one is around much. They come out to check everyone's water meters once a month or to change the price of fuel but that's about the only time you'll find someone there.

When I flew to Fort Worth I stopped in at Meacham and tied down at Sandpiper Aviation. They allowed me to stay for 3-4 days for free as long as I topped off. The fuel is higher at Meacham than Hicks, but it was well worth it to me to have my plane tied down in a gated facility for free.

Back