What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

boston north shore peabody shop needed.

travalab

anyone in this area with shop space available for a build? im from NH and moved here for a job. i live in a small apartment in peabody. i dont know many people from around here. i have my own tools just no space and not a lot of extra cash to rent something. any suggestions?

any suggestions?

I have a suggestion - build the empennage in your small apartment. It has been done before. I enjoyed building in a NYC basement studio in 2006. Then when the project grew I moved across the Hudson River to NJ. It's done now and I am back in the City.

You may contact RV group based at Plymouth Airport. Lots of them there.

eaa chapter 106

The Boston EAA chapter is a very active chapter and based at Lawrence airport. I would suggest that you attend or contact the chapter.

More info can be found at http://www.eaa106.org/

I'm based south of Boston at TAN. Feel free to stop by at anytime.

Mike Draper

awesome thank you. do you have an RV? willing to give rides for gas money? im about half way through getting my PPL, and would love to experience other planes besides the warrior im learning in.

The Boston EAA chapter is a very active chapter and based at Lawrence airport. I would suggest that you attend or contact the chapter.

More info can be found at http://www.eaa106.org/

I'm based south of Boston at TAN. Feel free to stop by at anytime.

Mike Draper

I just moved my RV-8 to KTAN for final assembly and inspection.

Once the test flights are finished feel free to hop on board for a flight.

Steve, I will be at KTAN most weekends, hope to to see you around.

Mike

EAA 106 has a hangar at KLWM, and seems like I heard several months ago that they had some space open up for a builder. I don't think it's free, but I don't think it's super expensive either. Contact Penny, the chapter president - her contact info should be on the website.

Peabody isn't all that far from Arlington, you're welcome to visit...I can always use help riveting!

Dave

J-3 Cub

would love to experience other planes besides the warrior im learning in.

It's not an RV but it's a great experience. You can get some stick time in a Cub at 7B3 (Hampton Airfield). It's one of the few places that still rent J-3 Cubs. Great cafe on the field too.

Hi,

Just moved my RV9a to KBVY. Call sometime to discuss.

617-990-2820

ill definitely try to give you a call soon. im down at beverly 4-5 times a week at the beverly flight center working on my ppl. where at the airport are you located?

Back