What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Angel Labs MYT

John Courte

Well Known Member
This company, Angel Labs, LLC has what looks like an exciting technology. Like all other exciting technologies, it's halfway between vaporware and production, but it's really cool. I asked them about heat rejection and exactly what it would take to cool a tiny engine that supposedly produces the numbers they say it does. Haven't heard back yet, but their FAQ page says it's oil and air cooled. Question is, will it do 200hp at 2700rpm?

Reliability, I didn't ask about . They're currently testing with compressed
air. The explanation for this is that "when you blow an engine up, it's
difficult to determine exactly what failed" or something to that effect.
But they have run the prototype on biodiesel.

I just hope this one doesn't go the way of the dynacam or any other failed entry into the alternative ICE market. And if a US company doesn't license the tech and build it, the next time we'll see it is in a "coolest ideas that never were" article in Popular Science in 2026.

Yea 850HP!

Wow.

150 lbs, 850 HP! (or 3,000 HP?)

"Compression 25 to 1"

"40 times the power to weight ratio"

I looked at the animation and the picture but can't figure out how it works. The little slugs go around the circular housing. What really has me confused is after the power stroke the "leg" accelerates and than stops. That start stop seems odd and less then continuous. How it converts this to a smooth constant output I don't know. The one picture has what seems like mechanism?

Any way more power to them. When they get the first 100 flying with a combined total of 100,000 hours I will buy one, may be two. However what am I going to do with 850HP with that kind of power the RV would just snap roll into the ground on take off. :D

I am a tiny bit skeptical.

George

Last edited:
gmcjetpilot said:
Wow.

150 lbs, 850 HP! (or 3,000 HP?)

"Compression 25 to 1"

"40 times the power to weight ratio"

I looked at the animation and the picture but can't figure out how it works. The little slugs go around the circular housing. What really has me confused is after the power stroke the "leg" accelerates and than stops. That start stop seems odd and less then continuous. How it converts this to a smooth constant output I don't know. The one picture has what seems like mechanism?

Any way more power to them. When they get the first 100 flying with a combined total of 100,000 hours I will buy one, may be two. However what am I going to do with 850HP with that kind of power the RV would just snap roll into the ground on take off. :D

I am a tiny bit skeptical.

George

WOW!
This is one of the few times George and I are in TOTAL AGREEMENT! :eek:

Bill Jepson (perhaps even more skeptical than George)

Back