View Full Version : Looking for PTT Bezel

Bob Martin
04-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Looking for?PTT?Bezel
I?m installing an A/P in my RV?6 and TruTrak has a remote switch that I would like to install in the stick. I?m leaning toward the Teak Wood ?Master? grip that comes with the PTT and the Coolie trim switch but install another momentary switch where the Coolie switch is for the A/P switch. To keep from inadvertently hitting the A/P switch, I?d like to install it in a bezel. B&C sells a larger switch with a bezel(photo below), but I haven?t seen a small one that would fit under the small PTT type switches. Does anybody know where to find a small one? Or have a better idea??
This is in an already flying RV-6
No electric trim!
So really no need for the mega switch sticks I see.
Plus the Teak Wood would match the existing right seat stick.
Thanks for your help.
Bob Martin
This is B&C switch with bezel that is too large!

04-20-2006, 11:45 AM
If you want to do something slick, why don't you see if the guy that makes the teak grips can turn a little teak bezel for the switch. Seems like a few minutes with a lathe and a countersink would make very quick work of this. He could probably sell them in different shapes and sizes for various buttons.

You could also do the same yourself out of whatever material you'd like without much difficulty, I think.

Bob Martin
04-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks John, Is there a "Guy" that makes the TeakWood grips? I have emailed ACS asking about Custom Grips as they say in the catalog that they can do custom. Van's sells them too, but without much detail on their website. It is a good Idea, thanks!
only drawback would be that wood would be a small part and could easily break.
I guess I was hoping there was already something made and could purchase to make life easier instead of more complex.

04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Northwest Aero Products, I think. I couldn't find a website for them but everyone who sells the grips says they can order custom configurations, so I'm thinking they're pretty flexible and can crank out custom stuff if you ask them. As far as there being a "guy", I dunno. Could be a "gal" for all I know, and that'd make them even cooler :D

04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Info for the "guy" is on Dan's site: http://www.rvproject.com/20030605.html
Email Michael directly and he'll send you details. I ordered two grips, and he's great to work with.


Bob Martin
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks Dave!
That Dan is something else........
I'll start checking there first, next time I have a question!!
Bob Martin