What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Status on P-Mag certification?

breister

Well Known Member
A while back I remember hearing that P-Mags were undergoing certification. Has anything happened with this?

Still working it

I believe they are still working on it. Last time I stopped by it was still one of their projects. I think their plan is to cert the six cylinder version first.

The 113 & 114 style will never be certified because of the cost involved with certifying software and IC chips. However, the new style p -mags they are working on may be certified at some time down the (long) road.

I'm waiting for the 6 cylinder version. Was told "late 2010" then "early 2011" - now "flying in 2-3 months" :confused:

I'm waiting for the 6 cylinder version. Was told "late 2010" then "early 2011" - now "flying in 2-3 months" :confused:

I called them the other day regarding the 6-Cyl version and was told they had hoped to have it ready for Sun n fun, this year, but did not quite make it. The did assure me that it would be at Oshkosh though...

Back