What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone building an RV-7 or RV-10 around Philadelphia?

Sasben

Hey there,
I am an Aussie living the in the US for the last few years.

I am interested in chatting with someone who is building an RV7 or 10.

Been thinking for years about moving away from my certified aircraft and starting a build. The time is approaching, so I would love to stop by and see your project, ask a few questions and help out anywhere you need it for a few days to make up my mind.

Please leave a message here or PM me.

Cheers!

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Geoff, welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

I see you are thinking of a 10------great plane.

Sorry, but I am a bit far away for you to come over for a look-see, but I suspect you will be getting some local offers.

Enjoy:D

I know a guy who is building a RV7 in Bucks County, I have a RV6 that I started flying about 6 years ago. I also know a number of folks that have built and are flying RV's in this area. Leave me a private message if you are looking for info.

Regards,
Doug

Wow... thanks for the quick responses already!

I will let you know how I go with the directory and that bloke that was mentioned.

Cheers!

I'm in Bucks Co at the North end right off PA 611. You're welcome to visit. My 7A is just about done, needing only to install the top skin and glass-in the windscreen. I'm just finishing the landing gear fairings this week and then on to the skin. A good time to see the nearly-finished product while it's all opened up. You can learn a bit about fiberglass finishing. You can also see behind the panel - wiring, air lines etc.

Also might be good to look at one still getting metal structure done to gain some insight on metal work.

I'm available till the 28th then out for 3 weeks of business travel.

I'm also in a local EAA chapter with a number of current projects in process. A Zenith 601 build project with airframe, canopy and engine work ongoing (using one of those great Aussie Jabiry 3300 engines); a Fisher FP 101 in fabric stage; a Hummel Ultra Cruiser in ground test stage, an RV-7 and RV-8A undergoing paint. You are welcome to visit on a builders night and get the flavor of the group build. You can sample the "joy" of paintiing using Sherwin Williams Acro Glo and Jet Glo.

Send a PM if interested.

What are you doing in the US?

Jekyll
7A, IO-360, slider

PM sent Jekyll

As for being in the US; my work brought me over here in 2008 (IT Manager @ Unisys). After a few short months, they proposed sponsoring me for a green card rather than having me stay on my H1-B visa. (And having me easily go back to Australia after 3 years).

Stayed and also got married recently, so it looks like I am here for the next 20 years for sure. Time to build! :)

(Funnily enough, a Green card sponsored via immigration lawyers and company $$$ and the whole thing took less than 9 weeks... imagine that)

I am also looking to join an EAA chapter here. I am a SSAA member in Australia, so really looking to just convert everything to the states equivalent.

I am in Pittsburgh

Not living that close to you but, I used to work @ Unisys in Blue Bell (until 2009) and I am building an RV7. I bet we know some people in common. I know a few guys that are flying RV7&8s in the Pottstown area.

EAA 1250 at KPTW

Welcome. Send me an email. We have lots of RV activity at Pottstown Heritage. My RV 9a, almost complete, a few completed 7s, some 8s and 12s. No 10s though. Stop on by ... EAA 1250 meets every Sat AM.

West Chester RV7A

I am based at Brandywine Airport KMOQ in West Chester. Although it has been flying for three years I have lots of photos and like most builders welcome the opportunity show off my plane and talk about the building experience. PM me

Back