What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOA Dynon Pitot - connecting hardware

rtl_flyer

I have a Dynon (non heated) AOA pitot probe. Does anybody have the details of the connecting hardware they used - as I am in the UK I really need to place a complete order for parts rather than odd bits!

The Dynon manual suggests: AN919-2D, this is a size adaptor. However what could I connect it to. Solid pipe? Or would I be better off - my prefered option - to connect to flexible pipe. Have you done this? could you tell me what connetors and pipe you used.

Regards, Tim

Tim,

You may wish to check out the posts starting on 9/25/04 on my wing page. Although I had to modify the Dynon pitot tube, I would recommend the Gretz mount over the others.

Good luck.

safeair pitot mast

N941WR said:
Tim,

You may wish to check out the posts starting on 9/25/04 on my wing page. Although I had to modify the Dynon pitot tube, I would recommend the Gretz mount over the others.

Good luck.

Hello,

Wy not the SafeAir pitot mast ?? (see at http://www.safeair1.com/SA1_products/Mast.htm )

I like this mast for the Dynon AOA pitot also I think the mounting system is better and for half price, what else you want ;) .

Regards,

Josep
[email protected]
www.telefonica.net/web2/rv7e

I'd vote for the SafeAir1 kit and mount. Caveat: I haven't yet attached a Dynon pitot to it, but the plumbing kit (flex tube and fittings) are first rate and the mount is a piece of cake to install. Good luck.

Back