What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Shops?

bigDRathbun

I'm New Here
My father and I have a RV4 that we want to make some improvements on. Neither of us have the time to do the work ourselves without downing the airplane for an extended amount of time.

Can anyone recommend a "shop" that does good work? We are primarily interested in a new panel, but also want to do more. Relocate throttle/mixture to a quadrant, some interior clean up/paint, possibly a new cowl and wheel pants.

Thanks for any suggestions. We are in Texas, but would consider taking the plane almost anywhere.

Dan

bigDRathbun said:
My father and I have a RV4 that we want to make some improvements on. Neither of us have the time to do the work ourselves without downing the airplane for an extended amount of time.

Can anyone recommend a "shop" that does good work? We are primarily interested in a new panel, but also want to do more. Relocate throttle/mixture to a quadrant, some interior clean up/paint, possibly a new cowl and wheel pants.

Thanks for any suggestions. We are in Texas, but would consider taking the plane almost anywhere.

Dan

Loyd Remus in Colorado Springs may take it on. He's not an A&P (doesn't nead to be) but he's built 4+ RV's, Two RV-4s. He does builder-assistant now.

http://www.rvbuilder.com/

-Bruce

RV Shops

Try Terry Burch, Things with Wings, 360-708-6645. He has built 6 or 7 RV's does lots of RV inspections. Gives me lots of advice on my RV3. Has very nice shop. Located in Arlington WA..

Back