What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Log Home for sale at Mogollon Airpark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikedrvr

Log Home in Prestigious Mogollon Airpark (AZ)

Get away from the summer heat to the White Mountains of Arizona. Two bedroom Three bath log home in Mogollon Airpark, Fly in and walk to your summer getaway that has million dollar views from the front deck. Log home with open beam ceilings and wall of windows in front. Large wrap around deck and covered porch with attached two car garage. Priced at a ridiculous $229,000 Call Dave for more information or to view at 602-568-7940

No hangar with home but there is a large hanger that I had been renting. I'm not sure how to post pictures, so if you send me your e-mail I can send you some. Dave

No hangar with home but there is a large hanger that I had been renting. I'm not sure how to post pictures, so if you send me your e-mail I can send you some. Dave

Is it permitted that a hangar could be put up on the lot??? And of course, is the lot serviced by a taxiway??

It's not a taxiway or runway lot, it's about a 100 yard walk from the cabin to the tie-down area. Plenty of tie-downs and a hangar to rent if you want.

I found the photos on another site ---------nice looking place.

I am really spoiled by having a hangar in my own front yard, so renting one that is elsewhere is a bit of a drag to me, however your price is quite attractive. Balance is all things, I guess.

What is the address?? PM me if you dont want to post it.

Thanks,

I'm sure there is a story, but...

Yes, it is in Overgaard AZ and yes it is beautiful there.

From the association's website, think before "dropping in." :eek:

NOTICE:

Per advice from our Attorney, The Board of Directors has implemented a landing fee for all aircraft that land at Mogollon Airpark and are not owned or flown by lot owners, and that do not meet the definition of "Guest Aircraft" as previously stated and published on the website and in the Association Policies.

This landing fee will be $1000.00 for each occurrence.

These "trespass" aircraft will also be required to fill out a "Hold Harmless Agreement" prior to departing. Failure to pay the landing fee and fill out the hold harmless agreement will result in a complaint of Criminal Trespass being filed with the Navajo County Sheriff. The Sheriff has agreed to arrest those persons so trespassing.

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAA FAAST Team Member
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

That's why we didn't look seriously at this airpark

The opening page on the website was enough to completely turn us off to Mogollon when we were looking for a western airpark last year. Any HOA that makes decisions based on what their attorney wants instead of common sense isn't a place where I want to put my money. Private airpark, okay. Restricted access to non-residents. I can go with that policy. But putting on this sort of face for your first impression tells me that the leadership is controlled by folks I don't want representing me or controlling my home.

The opening page on the website was enough to completely turn us off to Mogollon when we were looking for a western airpark last year. Any HOA that makes decisions based on what their attorney wants instead of common sense isn't a place where I want to put my money. Private airpark, okay. Restricted access to non-residents. I can go with that policy. But putting on this sort of face for your first impression tells me that the leadership is controlled by folks I don't want representing me or controlling my home.

I couldn't agree more, I'd run the other way...

I had heard from a lot owner that there were airplanes, belonging to people who didnt live at the airpark, parking there for months at a time, using the airpark as a public airport, that caused the airpark to issue that notice.

PR Fail

I had heard from a lot owner that there were airplanes, belonging to people who didnt live at the airpark, parking there for months at a time, using the airpark as a public airport, that caused the airpark to issue that notice.

Could be, but whatever the motive, the reaction was incredibly heavy handed and naive. Putting that wording on the home page of a website that potential customers read isn't exactly great marketing. An interesting attitude with Arizona real estate in the tank.

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAA FAAST Team Member
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

I Agree

As with all planned communities that have BOD there are good things and bad things. As one post stated, for years we had problems with non property owners landing at MAP, tieing thier airplane down and walking across the street to another community. We tried several different approches to this problem over the years that didn't work. I agree that this was a heavy handed solution to the problem but it seems to work. Mogollon Airpark really is a beautiful friendly airpark and although I, like many others didn't agree with the posting on the web site. It seemed to do the job and the BOD were only looking out for the property owners. It is very easy to visit MAP, just fill out a hold harmless agreement from the web site, fax it to the office and come visit.

Dave

Get away from the summer heat to the White Mountains of Arizona. Two bedroom Two bath log home in Mogollon Airpark Overgaard AZ. Fly in and walk to your summer getaway that has million dollar views from the front deck. Log home with open beam ceilings and wall of windows in front. Large wrap around deck and covered porch with attached two car garage. Priced at a very low $229,000 Call Dave for more pictures, information or to view at @ 602-568-7940

It does not have direct runway/taxiway access but just a short walk away, there is also a hangar availible to rent at a very reasonable price.

FS: Airpark Home

Two bedroom Two bath log home in Mogollon Airpark Overgaard AZ. Fly in and walk to your summer getaway that has million dollar views from the front deck. Log home with open beam ceilings and wall of windows in front. Large wrap around deck and covered porch with attached two car garage.
Priced at $229,000 Pictures or more information available on request.

Could be, but whatever the motive, the reaction was incredibly heavy handed and naive. Putting that wording on the home page of a website that potential customers read isn't exactly great marketing. An interesting attitude with Arizona real estate in the tank.

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAA FAAST Team Member
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

That totally turns me off! I would be very reluctant to invest where anyone would approve of that type of tactic. Perhaps a new lawyer would be in order?
Regards, Allan::eek:

From the association's website, think before "dropping in." :eek:

NOTICE:

Per advice from our Attorney, The Board of Directors has implemented a landing fee for all aircraft that land at Mogollon Airpark and are not owned or flown by lot owners, and that do not meet the definition of "Guest Aircraft" as previously stated and published on the website and in the Association Policies.

This landing fee will be $1000.00 for each occurrence.

These "trespass" aircraft will also be required to fill out a "Hold Harmless Agreement" prior to departing. Failure to pay the landing fee and fill out the hold harmless agreement will result in a complaint of Criminal Trespass being filed with the Navajo County Sheriff. The Sheriff has agreed to arrest those persons so trespassing.
It seems to me the residents of Moggollon Airpark are not the type of aviation people I would want to hang around with. Good luck selling this place.

Oh my God! A "public" airport. Where just anyone can land and takeoff a general aviation airplane? That needs to be stopped. I don't blame them for calling the sheriff and imposing ridiculous fines.

FS: Airpark Home (N AZ)

Two bedroom Two bath log home in Mogollon Airpark Overgaard AZ. Fly in and walk to your summer getaway that has million dollar views from the front deck. Log home with open beam ceilings and wall of windows in front. Large wrap around deck and covered porch with attached two car garage. Priced at a very low $224,900 Call Dave for more pictures, information or to view @ 602-568-7940 Would consider RV-4/6 as part trade.

?

It seems to me the residents of Moggollon Airpark are not the type of aviation people I would want to hang around with. Good luck selling this place.

It amazes me how someone on the other side of the country and chances are never been to AZ82 can judge an entire community based on a few posts and probably very few facts.

Mogollon Airpark is full of friendly aviation oriented residents / aircraft builders and one of the premier Airparks in the western US. It's home of EAA chapter 1044 that host's a pancake breakfast every July, invites anyone and everyone to fly in and donates the majority of the proceeds to the local community. Its members have also flown hundreds of hours for young eagles. Unfortunately it has gotten some bad press due to our board of directors for trying to keep freeloaders from using our private airpark as "Public Airport"

Sorry for the rant but these kind of posts just tick me off.

I think this thread has become useless as a "classified" for either buyers or the seller, so I am going to lock it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back