What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got The New Pump!

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Hmmm...I went looking for the thread on the new EFII/ProTek Fuel Pump module that was active a couple of weeks ago, but it has disappeared...I wonder if it was accidentally left in the "Test" forum and expired?

Anyways, I just wanted to report that I got my new Boost Pump module from R.C. Paisley's workshop, and it is truly a work of art. (I didn't take any pictures, because that old thread had them, and figured they'd be redundant, but oh well....). The machining is first class, the assembly precise, and from what I saw when I visited Robert's shop, the internal components are well-designed and robust. The package is nicely sized and designed for mounting, and I am really looking forward to adding it to the RV-3's fuselage. I'll take some pictures when it gets to the mounting point to how folks how it fits.

It's nice to have another option in the boost pump world, as each new product improves on the last. This one looks to be solid. Here's his web site:

http://www.flyefii.com/add_components/BPM/BPM.htm

Paul

fuel pump

I also purchased one, delivery sometime in March. Operations are clean and simple. I like the flow through design and the quality of the USA drive motor. This pump should be a big seller for these folks when people start placing them in aircraft.. Mark C. 9A, Chicago, IL Area

Please forgive my ignorance as this is just an armchair analysis: I have no practical experience to draw from. It's very nice to have another well engineered option, but, reading through the EFII comparison chart, I was a little nonplussed by the differences. Lower is obviously better but,
  • Is a difference in suction loss of less than 0.15psi (about 1% of an atmosphere) actually significant?
  • Is a difference of 0.7a current draw significant?
  • Is a difference of 1.6lb weight significant? Hmm.
All but the last seem completely insignificant to me. The EFII unit looks like a well-engineered solution to a pump with (on its own) unacceptable suction loss, but the solution is a little heavy. Or, is the Andair unit known to be obnoxiously loud?

- John

Last edited:
Try getting into the Andair site with a Mac.......... :mad:

Not impressed Andy, should be better.

Now talking to EFII :rolleyes:

Further to last........

As Paul has one -

Sent enquiry, got instant reply, ordered.

Good customer service and a keen price always gets the order as far as I am concerned :D

Resurrecting an old thread in case anyone is shopping for pumps and wants data....

We finally got to run our EFII pump with fuel in it when we did our first engine start this weekend. Before we got there, we did a fuel flow test with the output of the pump going in to a bucket, and if flowed approximately 48 gallons/hour - I figure that'll be more than adequate for an IO-320.... ;)

I am still highly impressed with this pump, form the engineering to the way it sounds - a very nice package, and one I am glad we chose.

Paul

fuel pump

starting to look into eletric pump for bendix FI and im hoping to find an option from hot rodders using a 30 psi boost pump whats an acceptable pump to use on the firewall or in cabin
thanks bob

Back