What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Central Tennessee Formation Flying Clinic

Martyrv6a

Well Known Member
A Formation Flight Clinic is being scheduled at the Smyrna, TN airport (KMQY) on the weekend of 11-13 March 2-11 (no rain date).
Interested pilots should join the Central Tennessee Formation Clinic Yahoo Group "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/centraltnformationclinic", access the DATABASE section and ADD A RECORD with the requested information.

Participating pilots should have excellent stick and rudder skills. This clinic is only for RV aircraft, but, sorry, no RV-10's or RV-12's. All aircraft must be in excellent condition, have dual controls (throttle, stick and rudder), intercom, and PTT in both positions. No vernier throttles allowed! In addition to the normal paperwork required of all aircraft (registration, airworthiness certificate, Op lims, weight & balance), pilot certificate and current medical, you will need to bring proof of liability insurance.

We have arranged for special room rates at the Sleep Inn and Suites nearby and will provide contact information via the Yahoo Group site. We have a block of 30 rooms at a rate of $69 each plus tax, which are going to go fast. Dinner is included on Friday evening, and lunch on Saturday. Fee for the clinic is $50 each, payable in cash or check when you arrive at KMQY. Further detailed information will be posted on the Group Site above as it is available.

I'm sure you will find this clinic to be a challenging, rewarding and fun experience under the supervision of some of the best formation pilots in the business. If your interested, we hope you can join us, weather permitting.

Marty Emrath
RV-6A N826ME

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,
Team RV, the world's largest air show team, is a proud supporter of your event and we look forward to the training and comradery.
For many years the formation community has been giving back through these clinics.
Our last fall clinic in NC had high turnout and great flying weather.
Marty, order weather now please.

Best,

POH required?

Is this a trick question?
If not, then no.

Sez POH in the OP...probably means the OPS Lims...just the stuff needed to be legal, right? (ARROW...well AROW nowadays.) ;)

Splitting hairs (or asking trick questions) is a good character for a formation pilot, eh! :p

Cheers,
Bob

PS: Wish I could come...Navy Reserve commitment that week. :(

Last edited:
Is this still working???

A Formation Flight Clinic is being scheduled at the Smyrna, TN airport (KMQY) on the weekend of 11-13 March 2-11 (no rain date).
Interested pilots should join the Central Tennessee Formation Clinic Yahoo Group "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/centraltnformationclinic", access the DATABASE section and ADD A RECORD with the requested information.

<<<SNIP>>>

Marty Emrath
RV-6A N826ME

Is this still working???

Marty, check PM for more details.

James

I found his problem. He is all set.
Registration for this clinic is closed to new registrants. We are maxed out at 50. No new signups being allowed.

Back