What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alan Woodson - Painter Extraordinaire

brucespears

It is with heavy heart that I pass along news of Alan Woodson's passing away. He died the morning of January 6th, 2011.

Alan was the owner/operator of Texas Aerocolor located in Brady, TX and has refinished hundreds of RVs as well as other models of aircraft. His passion led to phenomenally high-quality work, earning him business from people that own vintage warplanes to jets. He has painted Unlimited Class Reno racers as well.

I personally had Alan paint my RV-8a recently and all I can say is that it is the prettiest job I've ever seen. I am truly going to miss Alan as we became friends during my refinishing project. He was one **** of a great guy and the world is poorer with his passing. Rest in peace Alan.

Best regards,

Bruce Spears
N922ES

Alan Woodson

I too am saddened by this news. Alan painted my RV9 and I continue to receive compliments on the job. He was really a great guy and will be missed!

So sorry to hear this. I met Alan a few years ago when I rode along to deliver my buddy's Piper to him for painting, and he was such a friendly and unassuming guy. RIP

In Gods Hands now!!!

I have know Alan for many years, he painted numerous aircraft of friends of mine. He painted my Cessna Cardinal and it was perfect, he also painted the Saratoga i now fly, and was planning on him to paint my RV-10 when i was ready.

Alan you were a great freind and a very talanted person. WE WILL MISS YOU so much!!

Prayers go out to your family.

We will love you for ever.

John Cumins

Godspeed Alan

I just recently heard he was not in good health, I had no idea it was so serious. My heart goes out to those that he left behind. Godspeed Alan.

My brother Alan

Thank you Bruce and all of your friends for all of your kind words for my little brother Alan Woodson. I miss him terribly and you guys remind me that I may not be the only one.

Steve

Back