What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A in San Diego?

esco

Well Known Member
Friend
Bitten by the bug, I'd like to see a 9/9a in person, especially one that's flying, and one that will be flying.
If not too much of a bother, would also like so see a workshop, so I can guesstimate if my one-car garage will work, and for how long.
I expect to be in San Diego by April... so there's a bit of time.

Thanks!

If you want to drive up to the LA area, you can stop by and visit my build project most any weekend. I am currently working on the engine baffles on a RV9A. I have been building for almost five years, and hope to be flying this year. My project is located in the EAA chapter hangar at Cable airport in Upland. If you want to take the time to drive up, send me a PM and we can coordinate.

BillC has a flying 9A at Ramona. I'm currently in the final stages of completing my 9A fuselage kit, and will be ordering the finishing kit soon. I'm also in Ramona and you are welcome to visit.

As Bruce said,
I have a flying 9A hangered @ KRNM. I would be more than happy to have you stop by for a look see and if the weather is good we can do some fly also.

Appreciate responses!

Mr. McCoy:

Thanks very much for the offer. When I return to SoCal and fly again, I'll shoot you a note; I fly from Ramona, and Cable would be a great destination flight. I just joined EAA, so I'm interested in seeing how a Chapter works as well.

Bill:

Julie at Pacific was DE for my PPL; I'd heard there was an RV at Ramona but at the time I was focused on training. KRNM is a great place to fly.

Right now, I plan to get a conventional endorsement in Julie's Citabria when I return, so your offer is very convenient. Very much appreciate the offer to see how your 9a works and pick your brains.

Ron

Back