What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak ADI Pilot II--anybody flying?

Bob Martin

Well Known Member
Is anybody flying with the "new" TruTrak ADI Pilot II ??
The sales info has been out for some time, but I understand they are now shipping some. (second hand information here). So I was wondering is anybody was flying with one yet and any feed back on having the 2 axis auto pilot integrated in the ADI box?
I really like the looks of it!
Bob Martin
RV-6

I have the ADI I

I've been flying with the new ADI I (no altitude hold) for about a month now and am totally pleased with the performance of the insturment. A/P works perfect as one would expect and the ADI does everything this VFR pilots needs! I may upgrade in the future to the II but in all honesty I find that the plane trims out so well unless you really just want to take a nap the altitude hold really isn't necessary.
Walt
7A 360+hrs

Mine came last week

Hello,

I just installed the ADI Pilot 2 in my panel - but will not fly for a while - just finishing with the baffles on my 9A.

I can report first hand that they are shipping. It is a good deal for a VFR panel - basically the Digiflight 2 - with the ADI thrown in for about $150 bucks!

Trutrak ADI Pilot II

The ADI Pilot II is what you guys are thinking. It is an ADI with a dual axis autopilot. The ADI PII looks like and ADI, but it has two knobs on the lower right and left. The left know is for Roll axis, and the right for Alt hold. It does have Track and nav mode as any of the TT autopilots. As you engaged the roll axis the autopilot will fly the present track you are flying at the time of autopilot engagement. The same with pitch, you level off at the desired altitud and you press the right know for altitud hold. To use the Nav feature, you select in your GPS the flight plan, then once you entered the flight plan in the GPS, you press again the Roll knob. The NAV green LED will be on, indicating NAV mode activated.
TT retail price is $3995 and the lead time is about 3 to 6 weeks. You can find a little better price out there.

Alex D.

TruTrak ADI pilot 2

Thanks for the input guys, it pushed me over the edge and I ordered mine today!
Wiring harness from SteinAir.....Those guys are great, they fixed me right up!
and the unit purchase from Aviation Tech Products--AKA Alex.
Bob Martin
RV-6

ADI II GPSS Feature?

No, the ADI Pilot II does not have GPSS. It is like having an Altrak and a Digitrak autopilot integrated into the ADI unit. For Vertical Speed, GPSS, Vertical Nav, you have to go up to the Digiflight II units.
Alex

Anybody know if the ADI Pilot II is available in 2-1/4"? I sure wish Trutrak would update their web site.

Trutrak Shipping??

Anybody on the list for a ADI Pilot 2 and for how long??
I ordered mine about 6 wks. ago. Got the servos in about
2 weeks and have installed in my RV-4. Now waiting for the ADI unit and was told another 2 weeks. Something
about a paint problem on the little airplane in the ADI.
Sure would be nice to get a more definite date and if they
are even shipping.

Larry

YES they are shipping

Larry,
I ordered mine before SNF and just received mine a couple days ago!
My "unit" had a small part or drop of something rolling around inside, a quick phone call and it was on its way back to TT for a look see.
So, They are shipping!! and answering the phone, etc.
Man, I can't wait to get mine installed!!! ;)
Bob Martin
RV-6

Back