What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carl Schultz- first VP of EAA

sprucemoose

Well Known Member
I just received some sad news- Carl Schultz past away last night, Dec. 25, 2010. He has not been in the best of health for the last couple of years, and was on the far side of 90, so this is not entirely unexpected, but still sad news.

Carl was among the small group of Milwaukee homebuilders who met at Milwaukee's Curtis-Wright (now Timmerman) airport in January 1953, and formed a group that they named the Experimental Aircraft Association. Carl was elected the first vice-president of the outfit, and his membership number was 2. Paul Poberezny, the first president, was and is EAA #1.

A life long resident of the Milwaukee area, Carl remained active in the organization, and in chapter 18, for his entire life. Although not an RV builder, he was an active builder, restorer and EAA tech counselor. He was also the chapter's official joke teller, and could be counted on the bring a new joke to each monthly meeting.

Funeral arrangements are pending, but are tentatively scheduled for this Thursday, Dec. 30, 2010, for those in the Milwaukee area who would like to attend. I will post the details when they are decided.

Please keep Carl's wife Pearl and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Here is a picture of Carl and Paul from the early days of EAA:

carl&pau.jpg

Here is Carl and his wife Pearl some time in the past:

carldoll.jpg

Funeral arrangements for Carl

I received word today from Carl's family about the funeral arrangements. The service will be this Thursday, Dec. 30th at:

Norway Ev Lutheran Church (Elca)

6321 Heg Park Road, Wind Lake, WI 53185 (262) 895-2281 ‎

Visitation 9:00 ? 11:00
Service 11:00 ? 12:00

Chapter 18 will be conducting a memorial fly-by, providing the weather cooperates, and pending the final approval of the family.

Back