What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VM 1000 problem

bmarvel

Well Known Member
Friend
After 600 trouble free hours with the VM 1000 in my -8A, I installed their upgraded software chip in the DPU. Since then I have twice experienced a test pattern lockup where the display goes into a test pattern that illuminates every LCD segment and it stays that way. Cycling power does not solve it. The first time this happened, VM gave me some suggestions to troubleshoot but when I tuned it on again a day later, the system worked. It failed again yesterday but before I call them I wanted to find if anyone else has had this occur, either before or after the new software EPROM was installed.

VM-1000 Upgrades

I am pushing 600 hours on my RV-8 with the VM-1000. I have done some beta testing for them on the new software and am currently running ver 2.001. I believe this is the most current. I have not had any troubles like you describe with this or previous versions of the software. Twice in this time I have had missing data after engine start. In both cases, cylcling the master off and back on fixed the problem. Typical computer, sometimes it needs to be kicked in the butt.

Scott A. Jordan
N733JJ

Back