What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weekend Formation Video clips

RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
There are a few short video clips of this weekends SoCAL Wing Formation practice located at:

http://www.socalwing.com/Video/

Thanks to Dan Checkoway for pointing me to software to convert Apple Quick Time to Windows Media Video and telling me how to edit the video.

To save space and help with a quick download, I have edited out the sound and cut out all extra footage.

Now if I can learn how to rotate the video ninty degrees. (Or remember not to turn the digital camera.)

Gary

You sorry bunch of *&^$&*(. I was perfectly happy building my RV-9A before I watched your clips. :p

Seriously, You guys do a great job. It's probably too intense for my old heart anyway.

Great video's

rv9aviator said:
You sorry bunch of *&^$&*(. I was perfectly happy building my RV-9A before I watched your clips. :p

Seriously, You guys do a great job. It's probably too intense for my old heart anyway.

Great video's

The 9A does a great job in those formations right along with the others of Van's fleet.

rv8ch said:
Cool clips. I like the wig-wag guy - very visible.

Those are the Duckworks lights in my RV-7 wings with 55w H3 halogen bulbs. See & be seen...

Wig-wags

dan said:
Those are the Duckworks lights in my RV-7 wings with 55w H3 halogen bulbs. See & be seen...
They are very visible! Only 55 watts? That's great, since that's what I'm installing in my wingtips. I hope I'll be as visible as you are.

rv8ch said:
They are very visible! Only 55 watts? That's great, since that's what I'm installing in my wingtips. I hope I'll be as visible as you are.

Yeah. Originally I had dual 100W. One burned out, and my auto parts store only had 55 and 75 watt bulbs. I bought a 75W. The other side burned out eventually, and I still had the original 55W that came with the Duckworks kit. Popped that in, and I honestly can't tell the difference.

When the 75W burned out, I went with 55W again. Can't tell the difference visually from where I sit, yet I do see lower current consumption as you'd expect. I only have a 40-amp alternator, so I can use the headroom there.

I'm happy with dual 55W. FWIW, I don't fly a heck of a lot of night time, but I do stay current.

Tracy57 said:
I just turned my monitor on its side. Worked good then!!!!

Tracy

"Wish I'd thought of that," he said rubbing the crick in his neck.

Seriously, great footage. I loved the simultaneous parking turns.

Jeff

32706031ffi8qn.jpg

32706033fff26yt.jpg

32706034ffi37rb.jpg

Seven's in

Back