What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Tank Slosh Fuel Contamination

papadawgrv4

I'm New Here
I have an older ('93 first flight) RV4 which I purchased a year ago. I recently experienced an injector that was completed plugged up. The mechanic pulled the gascoator and said it was full of what he believed to be fuel tank slosh or sealant. This is distrubing because that gascolator was off at the conditional inspection (last Oct) and was clean - about 25 hours ago!!!

How do I verify that the slosh is the problem? How can I tell if one tank is ok and the other is not? If one is bad and needs work, should both be done at the same time? If slosh/sealant is the problem, how do I fix the problem? Are there published procedures for this kind of a problem?

Prior to my purchase the right tank has been pulled because the screws are not painted. I was told it was to a minor leak that was repaired.

RVator

Vans publication RVator has a couple of articles on this subject. I'll get you a copy if you need it. I'm pretty sure that you will get some informed responses here. Please send me a private message if you want the ariticles. Jack

Back