What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Transponder?

Tim Fitzpatrick

I ordered a Dynon Transponder on 3 November from Aircraft Spruce. It is on back order and is expected to be back in stock the week of 25 November. Has anyone received a transponder and if so when did you order it. Also how was the installation process, thanks

Tim

I'm considering this for my RV-9A. I'm assuming you have to provide your own antenna for the transponder. What is the group consensus on the best xpndr antenna?
With the Skyview system, it seems that the xpndr box could be placed just about anywhere in the airframe as long as it could be connected to the Skyview network. Would it be possible to put the antenna in a wing tip or VS tip or some other place out of sight and aerodynamic drag? Does orientation matter (pointing up vs. down)?

Xpdr antenna needs to be on the bottom of the fuselage, if I was installing a remote unit it would be in the aft fuselage section close to the antenna to keep the antenna coax as short as possible.

Back