What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grand Rapids EIS 4000 installation documentation

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Anyone know of a good Web site that's documented the installation of the Grand Rapids EIS 4000? There are things in the documentation supplied that aren't quite as specific as I would like and I'd like to read how some others have it documented.

For me, the placement and cutting of the rectangular hole in my -7A panel was the biggest issue, aithough not bad. After that , I found routing and connecting the component wires to the EIS 4000 color-coded wires to be a straight-forward, one wire at a time exercise. Routing the wires took a little fore thought to get a reasonably neat, although not pristine, installation. Any questions I had, were promptly addressed in phone calls to Grand Rapids with Sandy doing a superb job.

In my installation, I have 4 EGTs, 4 CHTs, Fuel Flow, Manifold Pressure, OAT, RPM, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Flow, Voltmeter.

It's been absolutely reliable over the past 5 yrs. and 600 flight hrs. ago. This was my first and only build of an RV-7A. What are some of your specific questions?

Mike

Back