What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sarah & Bob Bean

A regrettable loss....I met him briefly at Spruce Creek a few years back regarding an engine mount for the Subby. If this is the same Bob Bean, he was a suburb welder and modified RV engine mounts for Jan Eggenfellner's engines.

He was also in a different league when it came to building an airplane, the GlassAir, as I recall, was outstanding.

That is the correct person

A regrettable loss....I met him briefly at Spruce Creek a few years back regarding an engine mount for the Subby. If this is the same Bob Bean, he was a suburb welder and modified RV engine mounts for Jan Eggenfellner's engines.

He was also in a different league when it came to building an airplane, the GlassAir, as I recall, was outstanding.

Know for welding those mounts and many other things for home builders and the US Government/Military according to Jack Cox's article. The plane was a very fast Glasair III.

Bob Axsom

NTSB report

The preliminary NTSB report has been posted on the NTSB site. The conclusion of this investigation should yield an interesting report. The preliminary report refutes the conclusions I erroneously jumped to, and I'm glad I didn't speculate. I think all of us who might fly in IMC conditions should learn from this investigation.

My sympathy to their many friends and family members.

Back