What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Everett, WA airplane housing

I've always been a small-airplane guy but am considering a job with Boeing, most likely at their Everett facility.

Where are some good nearby options for keeping my plane, preferably in a hangar rather than tied down outside?

Are any of you current Boeing employees that fly your plane to work? Do they allow you to do that?

Thanks folks.

Check the Paine airport website, I believe there are a couple available in the west side hangers. Arlington is to the north about 20 miles and Harvey about 10 to the east and sometimes you can find hangars at Arlington by word of mouth, but you'd have to check the FBO at Harvey for availability.

Paine Field usually has a wait list for hangars, but just this week two T-Hangars opened up. I've had my plane in one of the newer T-hangars for years, and they are nice. Paine is a great GA airport, plus you get the benefit of watching 747's and 787's take off and land.

Their Website for hangars is: http://www.painefield.com/hangars/hangar_introduction.html

Contact me directly if you have any specific questions about Paine.

-Robert
Dynon Marketing
425-402-0433

Thanks for the information guys, I'll check those places out.

Does anyone know if it's realistic for Everett Boeing employees to occasionally commute to work by air and tie down their planes down near the facility?

Thanks for the information guys, I'll check those places out.

Does anyone know if it's realistic for Everett Boeing employees to occasionally commute to work by air and tie down their planes down near the facility?
The Boeing paint facility is right at Paine field (KPAE) and the factory is across the street. There is a bridge over the street which is used to move airplanes to the paint facility and the runway. It would seem practicle if you have a place to park at one of the FBOs.

It's a walk!

I've flown to work on the Boeing flight line at Everett several times. Parking on Boeing Everett property is not permitted, so it's about a twenty-five minute walk from the nearest FBO to the north gate of the flight line. If your working in the factory, the walk would be much further...it's a big place.

The long walk is sort of what I was wondering about (hence questioning if it was realistic). Though it might still be an occasional option, especially if flying out Friday afternoon or coming back into town Monday morning from a weekend away.

Back