What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

current lead time on Hartzell?

13brv3

Well Known Member
Greetings,

I've got the order form on my desk to order a Hartzell 74" blended prop for my RV-8, and I'm trying to time this so it doesn't show up when I have to be out of town (basically all of May). The form says 12-16 weeks. Has anyone received one recently? What was the lead time?

Thanks,
Rusty

"Yes that is about right, I am supposed to get my 74" Blended airfoil shipped on monday. Which is right about 13 weeks from when I ordered.

Rusty:

Van's received my order for a 74" blended airfoil last week, and I was told by them yesterday the ship date is scheduled for June 20.

Regards,

Glenn Vokac
RV-8, finishing

Thanks guys! That pretty much confirms it. I'll go ahead and send in the order now.

Cheers,
Rusty

another question

I just mailed off my order for the prop, but I was wondering how it ships. Does it come via one of the normal carriers (UPS, FedEx), or does it have to be truck freight due to size and weight after crating? Sure hope it's not truck freight.

Thanks,
Rusty

Thanks Ron, that's good to know. I just hate dealing with normal truck freight for anything (Partain Rules!).

Cheers,
Rusty (currently irritating the rotary list folks with my new Lyclone)

Need info, does Hartzell make a blended airfoil for the 0-320 160 engine, standard cowl? What is the part number?
Harvey

rv6ahes said:
Need info, does Hartzell make a blended airfoil for the 0-320 160 engine, standard cowl? What is the part number?
Harvey
My understanding is that it is in the works, but not yet.

Back