What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommendations for a friendly FBO between Tampa and San Antonio?

garrys

I need to fly from Tampa to San Antonio TX and will probably make it a two day trip. I'm looking for a recommendation for a nice place to tie down fuel up and spend the night, somewhere along the I-10 corridor around the New Orleans area. Any suggestions?

Well, I've never found a bad one

Every FBO I have ever stopped at was friendly to me so anyone would do just fine. I've stayed at Lakefront in New Orleans a couple of times and I tied down at the FBO northeast of the tower. Another one I have used a couple of times is one of the FBOs on the south ramp at Baton Rouge. There are a couple of them there and I believe I used Louisiana Aircraft - also near the tower.

Bob Axsom

Garry,

While in San Antonio, check out the Hanger Hotel north of San Antonio at Fredricksburg airport.

Looks like a hoot!

South Ramp Baton Rouge

I'll put a plug in for the PAI Aero FBO at KBTR. We've made two trips to Baton Rouge from Conroe to see LSU football this year. The folks at PAI are extremely friendly and helpful, and the gas is the cheapest on the field. The owner has a FW-190 restoration project (85% completed) that he will gladly show you. Hotels are just around the corner. Hope you aren't flying the weekend of Nov. 6 as all hotels are booked probably by them abnoxious Alabamians :D for the LSU-Alabama game.

Geaux Tigers!!

Back