What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

San Antonio Airports?

DBone

Well Known Member
I searched the forums but there are no recent data points.

I'm looking for airport recommendations for a weekend trip to San Antonio this weekend if the weather is good. I flew into KSAT a few years back for a weekend, but smaller/cheaper would be nice. I read a post from 2009 about using KSSF (Stinson), which looks like a great alternative to KSAT. We'll just need to catch a cab to the river walk area and we're set.

Thanks,

KSSF

is a great airport. Controllers always very nice to work with. BP SS fuel is 4.19 today. Have stopped there last 4 summers.

I liked Stinson

I flew in there a couple of months ago and found it a really nice airport. Very historic. No ramp/landing fee in the public area (at least, for a day trip), and very close to San Antonio Mission NHS. They also have a restaurant on the field. I'm hoping we can do a weekend lunch run there this fall.

stinson is fine

tho if you are going to get a rental car and be all over the area anyway, KBAZ new braunfels and Bulverde (just north of san antonio) as well as Boerne Stage (a ways northwest) will all work too. bulverde is prolly the "quietest" of them all...and stinson the busiest, tho still not very busy. cheapest gas is prolly not stinson, tho i am not sure which is currently the cheapest. if you are coming from the west, castroville usually has the cheapest in the area.

Back