What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior Painting Question...

danielhv

Well Known Member
Up until now I have used the Duplicolor Self Etching Primer for the interior side of all skins on the wings and tail. Now that I am starting the fuse, I have to start thinking ahead.

I plan on painting the interior cabin, but I do not know what paint I plan on using. I've given the Rustoleum Hammered line a look along with the SW Jet Flex line. Have not decided yet, and I don't want to prime these parts until I know what I'm going to use paint wise...

Any thoughts on how those that have gone before me have solved this delima? Is it too much of a pain to prime / paint the interior cabin after its already been assembled?

A lot of the removable parts, such as the seats & baggage bulkhead were repainted with the two part Sherwin Williams Genesis paint, that I used for the exterior. This paint if far tougher than the rattle can stuff that I originally used. If doing another project, I'd skip rattle cans except for occasional priming.

L.Adamson ---- RV6A

For what it's worth-- My boyfriend's 8 is just about to the point of wiring & installing the windshield. The interior was painted before we bought it a year ago, but with all the climbing in and out, fitting of parts, installing more rivets and bolts, etc., the paint is now really beat up and will have to be redone anyway.

Paint adds weight, and gets ugly over time.
I'm leaving mine bare. I know it looks kind of primitive, but over the years I'm afraid it will look worse if I paint it. :(

Back