What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HOT Garmin GNS600

flyvans.com

Well Known Member
Hi guys!

i?m in Hannover, Germany at the yearly CEBIT computer fair... so i did what i always do when i see a Garmin booth, ask about aviation stuff... as always they didn?t have any of their aviation products on display... but i have some very interesting developments to report... Asked about the G1000 and its potential in the experimental market, up to now there was always a simple and strict OEM only, won?t sell etc response... Not today! The obvious is finally happening:

Get this: GNS600 a slightly stripped down and modular version of the G1000 priced closer to the GNS530 than the approx. 50k$+ premium in the oem installations. No schedule as of yet, sometime next year (jan?), announcement possibly at OSH or NBAA... That?s what one of their reps leaked, no technical details and many questions yet unanswered... To me it was the most interesting scoop today ;-) We?ll have to monitor this closely, it has the potential to be huge!

kind regards,
bernie
www.flyvans.com

Last edited:
GMX 200, so long MX-20

Not exactly a G600 but hope this is the start of new product introduction by Garmin this year: http://www.garmin.com/products/gmx200/index.jsp#

gr-gmx200cf-lg.jpg

Gmx200

Besides probably being faster, and 50% more expensive, what's better about the GMX200 than the MX20? Same numbers of pixels (640x480), but the web page does not give the screen physical size. Perhaps it's bigger?

Bernie, The GNS600 sounds great! Thanks for the scoop, and don't have too much fun in Hannover! :)

The press release said it fits in the same hole in the MX-20, but did say the screen is bigger. They must have minimized the bezel around the screen.

rv8ch said:
Besides probably being faster, and 50% more expensive, what's better about the GMX200 than the MX20? Same numbers of pixels (640x480), but the web page does not give the screen physical size. Perhaps it's bigger?

Bernie, The GNS600 sounds great! Thanks for the scoop, and don't have too much fun in Hannover! :)
Uh, the big one is: DOES NOT use Windows NT!
Faster
Supports Radar
Support faster SD memory cards, rather than CF cards (CF is dead)

I see that there will be three different models. I'm curious to see what the costs will come in at however. If the base model comes in at the same price as the MX-20--it will be better.

Back