What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

going to see the Giants...

Gregmarlow

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

Buddy of mine offered me tickets to a Giants game in the new stadium. Where's the best place to park my plane, get gas (maybe) and get some transpo (taxi?) to the game and back??

Thanks,

Make it a weekend vacation

If I were flying some distance into the New York area I would recommend the following: Get a hotel room in Manhattan for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. On Friday plan to land at Republic Airport in Farmingdale, Long Island (KFRG). You can safely keep the plane their. Take the Long Island Railroad (1 hour ride) into Manhattan's Penn Station, check into your room and take in the city. Go to a Broadway show, Central Park, the Top of the Rock (Rockefellar Center), walk up Fifth Avenue, have a drink at The Plaza Hotel. Sunday morning (Game Day) go to the Bus Terminal at 8th Avenue and 42 Street and take the special "Game Day Bus" to Giants Stadium (approx. 30 minute ride). Special Bus lanes set up. You will save hours by taking the bus. Once at the stadium walk around the parking lots and introduce yourself to the tailgaters. You will be surprised how friendly and sharing they are (no kidding). After the game take the same bus back to Manhattan.
Monday morning take the railroad back to Farmingdale train station, get a cab back to KFRG and fly home.
I am sure their are other options but, as a Long Islander, this is one I know will work. Good Luck!!

sounds great, but...

That sounds great, but I'm really not looking for an entire weekend. In fact, I'm hoping to fly up early in the morning, and fly home after the game. Only in an RV.

Anyone have suggestions for this?

Thanks again,

Teterboro

Although it is an expensive PITA, I would fly in to Teterboro (NJ). You can literally see the stadium from the airport. You could either stay at a hotel in Manhattan, or one of the hotels close to the stadium. Getting to/from the Meadowlands and Manhattan is a bit of a pain, but doable.

Forget about Republic and the LIRR trains. They aren't running much due to a fire at a switching station.

Back