What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tannkosh 2010

rv8ch

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi,

Any RVs flying to "Tannkosh 2010" next week (27th to the 29th of Aug)?

I'm planning to drive in probably Thursday or Friday and stay for a day or so. I've never been, so I'm not really sure what to expect. Looks like it could be fun.

I'll try to sneak out with the wife's camera and take some pics.

Mickey

Seat available from the UK?

I hadn't thought about it before, but ... if anybody flying in from the UK needs some German speaking ballast willing to share the fuel, I'd be in.

Several from the UK going

Several people at the UK RV fly-in this weekend mentioned Tannkosh, so there could be easily 6 to 10 G-reg RVs there.

Pete

I found Tankosh more like a beer festival than place to look at aircraft. The site is to small for the amount of people. I don't think I will go again,

Fun event

Got back late last night. The weather was bad Friday and Saturday mornings, but was nice in the afternoon. There were quite a few "scud runners" who got in - I estimate about 200-300 aircraft, lots of exhibitors, and lots of spectators. Most people camped next to their aircraft. The facilities were minimal, but very clean.

There was a "beer festival" feeling, that's for sure. Plenty of live music into the wee hours. l didn't want to be rude to my very friendly German hosts and friends, so I had to enjoy a few liters of local beer. :D

I got to see the MGL Odyssey, and the Dynon Skyview - both look very nice. Several other local competitors as well with moving map/efis systems.

I plan to go back next year!

tl;dr - Nice airshows, Me-109 flyby, A380 flyby, Siggy's RV8, great food, great beer, and really nice people.

Back