What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon SV32 help Req.

Jamie Aust

Well Known Member
I have a Dynon sv32 servo in my wing. Before I can close up the bottom wing skin, I see that I need to safety wire the servo. I have been able to do both the back and front of the servo ok, however it looks like I need to also do the bolts that the push tube connects to. Would someone that has already done this please post a photo or link. I have done a search here, but did not find anything as yet.

The lines in RED I have done, the GREEN arrows are where I think I need to also do.

p8022170editcustom.jpg

An 970

I can't tell for sure from the pic but it looks like you need to add an AN-970 washer to the bolt that goes through the pushrod ends. You do that in case the heim joint comes apart it will keep the push rod from falling off. This advice is worth at least what you paid for it.

Its a bit hard to see in the first photo, the AN370-3 are fitted.

Here is a side view.

p8022168editcustom.jpg

The green arrows point to AN3H-10A and AN3H-17A , both have the hole in the head for safety wire. I dont see how to do it , maybe I need to drill a small hole for the wire ?

Don't rotate

These bolts don't rotate. The heim does. So technically a 365 nut is all you need. However from the looks of it you need some longer bolts. You must have at least 1.5 threads showing. The other option is to get some drilled shank bolts and use a 310 nut and a cotter pin.

These bolts don't rotate. The heim does. So technically a 365 nut is all you need. However from the looks of it you need some longer bolts. You must have at least 1.5 threads showing. The other option is to get some drilled shank bolts and use a 310 nut and a cotter pin.

Well stopped Charlie !

I have only done the nuts up finger tight for a test fit. The bolts are the correct size that came with the kit. I like your idea of the drilled shank bolts and cotter pin. :)

Back