What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Partner Wanted In Greenwich CT Area

aparchment

Well Known Member
I am building an RV-7A and am considering taking a partner to help me finish the plane and share the enjoyment of flying a great cross country machine. Ideally you will be an instrument rated pilot with a few hundred hours and no accident history. In terms of personality you are easy going, but have a high attention to detail and a desire to produce a beautiful, high end machine. You must be willing to do transition training prior to flying the plane.

I have made a lot of progress on the plane so far. The workmanship is excellent (others on this list can vouch for that). The empennage is complete except for the glass work. The wings are complete except for the glass work and plumbing/wiring. I am working on the quickbuild fuselage and finish kit now, and am currently laying out the instrument panel.

My goal is to have this look like a nice sportscar with a great interior and relatively high end, without going overboard, instrument panel. If you want a stripped down, day VFR plane, this isn't the plane for you. If you are opinionated, a know-it-all or generally a challenge to be around, I'm not the partner for you.

The plane will be IFR equipped. I am planning to use the AFS 3500EE, backup 3.25" instruments including a Tru Trak ADI, and GI-106A glideslope indicator, Garmin 430W, Garmin 240 audio panel, Garmin GTX330 transponder, Garmin 496 with weather and I am considering another ILS certified Nav/Com.

I plan on using a new Mattituck Red/Gold IO-360 with forward induction so that there is no snorkel on the cowl. I purchased the Whirlwind 200RV prop. I plan on using a plenum in order to better regulate CHTs.

The interior is/will be hammered gray metallic in a custom mixed color. The seats are grey ultraleather from Classic Aero with a thin red accent strip and the carpet is grey to match.

I plan on getting the plan professionally painted once I have flown off the test hours (and a few more just to make sure).

Major items left to purchase include the engine, radio stack and firewall forward components.

I am also looking for a place to move the project in the greater Greenwich area.

If you are interested and fit the profile, please call me at 207-318-6160.

Thanks! Look forward to hearing from someone.

That sounds great! I wish I would have come across this a year ago! I have an RV-4 I keep at Danbury and fly it just about everyday...Good luck with the project!!

DXR hangar space?

I would love to meet you.

Do you know anyone out at Danbury who has hangar space that could be used for a build?

Back