What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MY 1st RV-10 RIDE!!! :)

SteinAir

Well Known Member
Hi Guys....I FINALLY snagged a ride in a new RV-10. On Saturday, Tim was nice enough to fly his plane over from Wisconsin to let me see it and take some pics. Better yet, I got to burn some of his gas! This was my first ride in an RV-10 and I must say I'm VERY impressed. First of all Tim's plane is gorgeous, the Cheltons are a marvel to fly behind (as usual)! It was a really nice and cold day with a lot of people flying. The traffic is pretty awesome, and while we were out lollygagging around we "found" some other local RV'ers to fly with. The plane handles nicely (not quite as nice as my -6), but still a joy to fly. The seats are really comfy, and what totally blew me away was the visibility. I didn't expect it to be that good from such a large cabin. I could nearly look straight down over the front of the wing.

Anyway, I'm rambling incoherently (which is typical) so I'll just leave it as I was REALLY impressed. Tim has done a really nice job on the plane. Instead of wasting bandwidth, I have some pictures posted at: http://www.steinair.com/timorv10.htm. You'll have to excuse the really crappy photographer (me), I have a cheapo camera and it was bumpy out so the pics aren't that great. The plane and panel are much nicer in person :)

Well, I'm sure you all know how nice the RV-10's are....but now I'm kind of hooked...what the heck am I going to do!?!?!?!

Cheers,
Stein.

P.S., you'll notice the plane is so new that the goofball Tim hasn't even removed all the sticky coverinngs on the avionics yet!!

I see the wheel pants and fairings are coming along nicely ;)

Rick S.
Dreading the first phone call to Stein.

Last edited:
That's cool that you got the pictures with the traffic on the screen. Even though I haven't got the traffic working on the Chelton screen yet, it's really awesome to see on the GNS480 and works great.

I just didn't remove the plastic yet because that way Stein still thinks they're new and when I break one I can send it back and claim it was unused. Hopefully by then he'll have alzheimers and he'll believe me. ;)

Now, to get to the airport to remove that plastic....
Tim

Back