What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ND Alternator Part Number?

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Here's a simple question that I had hoped to answer with the Search function, but when I typed in the title, all I got was a million posts from George... :p

I sifted through them but didn't find the answer - I'm simply looking for the ND/Suzuki/etc part number for the 55 Amp Van's Alternator. I know I've seen it before, but can't find it. I'm building a list of replacement parts in my Blackberry for that rare occasion when I get stuck somewhere with a broken airplane....I'd like to be able to walk into the NAPA/Autozone/Pep Boys and say "I need an alternator for a "___", and then using the carefully assembled tool kit in the baggage compartment, be on my way again....

George - got the number? Or maybe Mahlon - doesn't Mattituck sell the same one?

Paul

One million post

Ironflight said:
Here's a simple question that I had hoped to answer with the Search function, but when I typed in the title, all I got was a million posts from George... :p

I sifted through them but didn't find the answer - I'm simply looking for the ND/Suzuki/etc part number for the 55 Amp Van's Alternator. I know I've seen it before, but can't find it. I'm building a list of replacement parts in my Blackberry for that rare occasion when I get stuck somewhere with a broken airplane....I'd like to be able to walk into the NAPA/Autozone/Pep Boys and say "I need an alternator for a "___", and then using the carefully assembled tool kit in the baggage compartment, be on my way again....

George - got the number? Or maybe Mahlon - doesn't Mattituck sell the same one?

Paul
Oh Paul Paul Paul Paul: Here you go my pal. :p

Most part shops know what a Lester# is:

Lester Nos: 14684

The alternator you want is Used On:
(1988-87) Chevrolet Sprint 1.0L
(1995-86) Suzuki Samurai 1.3L
(1989) Suzuki Sidekick 1.3L

Replaces:
Nippondenso 100211-141, 100211-155, 100211-407

It is a 12 Volt, single grove, IR/IF (internal Regulator / internal fan) 55 amp*** alternator

Enjoy George (one million and one post and counting :rolleyes: )

***Van advertises it as a 60 amp unit. ND rates their units around 5,000 rpm. They do have more capacity of say 3-5 amps up to 8,000 rpm, and than the output levels off after that.

PS, What mattituck uses I don't know, but thought it was the same as what Niagara Air Parts, 40 amp unit. May be it is aero sport that uses the 40 amp unit. That unit is an industrial application for a Japanese engine (Ishikawajima general S753) used in folklifts and other equipment: The ND number is: 100211-1680. There is no Lester# for this unit and they are available NEW original ND. This alternator likely is found at part shops for tractors and industrial equipment, but forget AUTOZONE.

Last edited:
Thanks george - I've nowgot it stored in my Blackberry, Outlook, etc....Shouldn't lose it!

Paul

Back