What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I need tailwheel experience

wings444

LOOKING FOR DUEL TAIL WHEEL TIME IN A RV-6 OR RV-7 FOR ENDORSEMENT. I have 2500 hours , am finishing a rv-8 and am on the eastern shore of Maryland.

Keep in mind that for an instructor to give a TW endorsement in an Experimental, they have to have a special rights to do so from the FAA. There are not that many people around the country that have this as I understand it and have been told.

It is my understanding that this is a totally separate thing from having a LOD to do transition training in Experimentals for compensation. It is the "TW Endorsement" part that is weird.

This may be important to your insurance company and to the FAA if for some reason your endorsement ever was questioned.

That being said, I recommend Jan Bussell in Florida... Great guy! Great Instructor!

USA Florida Jan Bussell / [email protected] Okeechobee (6 and 6A) 863-467-9354

http://www.rv6flyjan.com/

Last edited:
Dual instruction in an experimental

As I understand it, a CFI can give instruction in anything and charge for it. The problem only comes when somebody charges for the experimental in which they're giving the dual -- that's when you need the FAA's special blessing.

Ed Wischmeyer CFI/I/ME

LOOKING FOR DUEL TAIL WHEEL

Dueling tail wheels...sounds like tail training wheels attached to the tail wheel :D

There is a guy that teaches tail wheel in his L-16 located on the Eastern Shore, Tony Markl http://www.intercom.net/~markl/. I did my first four hours with him then finished up in my own RV4 with another CFI. As others have indicated, you will not be able to get instruction in another EAB aircraft unless the CFI that owns it has a waiver to teach in their airplane so you are kinda stuck otherwise with going to one of the transition trainers. I went to Pierre but I'm not sure if he can do or has a tail wheel to do the training with you. I've also heard nothing but good things on Jan Busell in FL.

Back