What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trip to Destin

bkthomps

Well Known Member
Taking one of my instrument XC lessons to destin FL from atlanta, anyone recommend a place to stay?

Looking for Cheap! but nice

Sandestin is nice

Sandestin golf resort is nice but not necessarily cheap. Usually a variety of prices from $120-400 a night. I used to live in Destin and spent a lot of time golfing that resort. Great running and bike trails, fitness center, and beach access.
Nothing really cheap in that area that I can recall.
Chuck Olsen
TSP/RV-7A

destin

jillions of places to stay. park at 'Destin Jet Center' not the other FBO. Great service, beautiful place, great cookies!!!! Problem with San Destin is that it is quite a ways out. Stay in Destin itself. Depends on how long you are staying. Abbot rentals is big name for rentals. Most places are up for renting for the week, but as long as it is before Memorial day you should be ok for places. Lotsa great places to eat, great beaches. Pay attention to getting thru the Eglin AFB ranges. Gas at Destin is expensive. Crestview KCEW 30 miles north is usually cheaper for fuel. If you've never been here before, be sure and fly along the beaches for a while. Very pretty (Unless BP screws it up). Anything else?? larry b.

Recent Destin trip

Crestview or Defunaic Springs (spelling) is the place to leave the plane for over night if you are staying several days. The gas at the Springs was 4.59. Hanger was $25 night. One FBO in Destin was $125 and the other was $50. There are some of the national chains that have hotels there. Great place.

Ft Walton Beach - Magnolia Grill

If your looking for a nice place to eat while in the area check out the Magnolia Grill in Ft Walton Beach. While we were in the area the last time we caught the shuttle that runs between Destin and Ft Walton Beach to get around and left our car at the hotel.

Hey Brian;

I live here in Destin and there are many, many places to stay near to the airport. I know the folks up at Destin Jet, (the place to keep your plane), not Miracle Strip, and I can get you a good price on both fuel and overnight tie down or hangar. I would put you in my hangar but at the moment there is a RV-8 under repair, RV-7A about 90% complete, a Texan T-6 flying and a Beech Baron a large and compfy ride. No room at the Inn, sorry. Let me know your intentions and I'll try to help you out.

Back