What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Norway has now TWO flying RV-7's!

ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi all.

Just wanted you to know that a couple of weeks ago, Bjørn Horne, Norway made his first flight with his RV-7 with a Subie engine with turbo.
The flight went well, and he has now flown approx 9 hrs.
He started on his -7 during Fall 2006 and he has been building alone during much of the process, so he's been having good progress.

I'm sure he'll post more info here soon, so I won't write anymore for now. (for the record: I'm writing this with his permission)

Here's a couple of pics for you. First two real RV-grins: Bjørn in the cockpit and his German friend Uwe Nasdalla who is living and working in Norway.
(By the way; Uwe has just bought a partly completed RV-7 QB-kit)

And here's a couple of pics of his pride'n joy taken at the airport "Notodden" where he'll fly from this summer for the phase 1 program:

And here's a pic of him and the engine:

Right now, he's doing the "spring-work" (not sure if this is the correct English word) at the fields on his farm, but when that's done, he's planning to make a grasstrip on one of his fields.
In his barn, he has already made himself a nice hangar!

Must be nice to be a farmer... :)

Last edited:
Nice looking installation

Bjørn Horne is obviously A detail/system orientated builder. The installation looks great. Since our failed trip to Scandinavia last year we probably will not ever get to Norway but I think about it every time I see your posts. It looks like you have the start of a Norway Van's Airforce.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Back